If you’ve struggled to increase website readership,with content marketing or getting people to find your content maybe it’s because you are targeting the wrong market or not targeting your market properly.
Myth: By no means is the internet saturated with content or ideas being written about.
But that said, It has gotten a little more challenging to finding those elusive keywords to get search engines to show your content to the readers your searching for.
In recent years there has been a surge of education on SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ), giving bloggers and writers the tools and education to build websites and blogs more effectively so they are found and rank more favorably in the search engines.
Being more educated on SEO has made marketers, bloggers and web developers more savvy in terms of finding low competition keywords with higher search volume.
It is the reason you should educate yourself adequately regarding SEO. If you feel this is out of your comfort zone then you might want to outsource it to an established and results driven professional.
To target readers in your niche you should be writing more compelling and valuable content to help your readers find your content online.
There a few things that you can do to improve your readership of your website or blog content:
- Do a thorough keyword research using tools like Google Keyword Tool. Whatever your market is, you can find competitive keywords for your target audience before you start writing your content. This way you will target the right people to your website and not people looking for something else.
- Reverse engineer other top competing websites in your niche. To find these websites you can use and online tool called: SimilarWeb.com. Simply enter your website or a competitor website to find similar websites in your niche or market. Once you find them then go to each website and find what keywords they are using by inputting their website into Google Keyword Tool to get these keywords. Now that you have these keywords you could use them to write articles on your blog posts and your paid marketing strategies to increase visitors.
- Share your blog posts using a free tool like SocialAdr.com. They get others in their network to share your content across social signals. Take a look at the images below to see that since November 19th, 2015 my blog posts have been shared over 80 times in only one week but it compounds because each submission goes to 5 or 6 different networks where other readers and visitors are. So it’s like a domino effect. See images below:
In this image you will see emails I receive every time someone submits my bookmarks and what social signals this one submission was sent to. So I know where my content is being shared with. See image for details:
Case in point: Flipboard.com alone has an audience of 70 Million monthly readers this is one of the benefits of SocialAdr.com. The more your content is shared the more you increase website readership.
4. Forums – Join forums in your niche and market to share ideas, get questions answered and place your link in your signature so when you make comments on the forum they will see your website link and visit your website and potentially become a subscriber, consumer and even friendship and/or a professional relationship. It is a great way to find a targeted audience already looking for your product or information.
Tip: Write articles for article submission sites like EzineArticles.com to expand your reach. Sign up for these and other article submission sites to submit your articles but make sure to read the guidelines to get the most benefits out of your submissions.
Hope these tips help you increase website readership and improve website rankings as a result!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Reinaldo Lopez (see all)
- Lead Generation Strategies Using Blogging And Attraction Marketing! - August 25, 2017
- USA Jobs Employment Future A Passive Income Online? - August 19, 2017
- How To Increase Your Website or Blog Engagement - July 1, 2017