Article marketing can do a lot for your business and website!
1. First, you need to make sure that whatever it is you’re writing about is relevant to the topic. If you know for a fact that your product could be very useful, then do a good research about it and then make sure to end your article with a link to your website.
Before you upload your article to an article directory, check to see if the site you plan to put the article in has this as one of their topics.
2. Just like what you read in the newspaper, online or see on television, your article must be both timely and newsworthy. This will allow you stay on the pulse of what is happening in the world.
One good way is signing up with a site, blogs, forums and even membership sites that gives you alerts with regards to certain topics and updates.
3. Some writers just post one article and that’s it. Just like the movie producers in Hollywood, you should post a sequel to your articles because there could already be new information available which you could share with your public.
4. You should also make your articles viral. What this simply means is allowing other people to publish your article just as long as nothing is changed and you are given credit for it.
Another way of doing this is offering your writing services to others which will become added revenue for you.
5. Each article you write must be short and simple. It must be short so that it will not bore the reader. Simple so that they will be able to understand the message you are trying to convey.
6. Just how many articles must you write to increase traffic? The good news is that you only need 2 to get things started.
A good title will be “ how to do something” and “ x number of tips for something.” If this catches their interest, that person will most likely click on the link to your site and then buy something. The bottom line is that it increases web traffic.
7. You can stop at just 2 articles to promote your site. If you have other products, you can write articles on it as well and then mention in the resource box.
This is known as cross-referencing which a lot of webmasters allow their contributors to do.
8. Aside from posting your written work in other websites, don’t forget to also put these in your own. If you have written 10 or more about the same topic, put these together to what is known as an e-book and then pass this along for free.
Again, if people like what is written there then people wouldn’t mind reading it several times.
9. Aside from posting in websites, make use of RSS feeds. There are plenty of them around so make use of it.
There are two ways to get into article marketing.
The first is to write it yourself and just hope that people will appreciate your writing style. If you decide to go this route just be yourself and provide high value over delivering in quality.
Article Marketing Tips:
- Keep a list of words, ideas, phrases to write content from later. It works great and I did it while I worked a 9 to 5 every single day I would ride the train in to work. It saved me many ours of research since I knew exactly what my topic would be.
- Don’t force yourself to write something your not ready to delve into. The story will not come out the way it should be. Let the conversation flow as if you were speaking to your best friend.
- Bullet Points – Use them, it breaks up the transition of different points or topics your trying to educate your reader about.
- Remember, you are writing for your reader so you must include them in the story to engage them to create loyal readers and followers.
Follow these simple tips and it will save you time and create a great article as well.
The second is to hire someone to do it. Some charge by the hour while others charge per word. It may be worth it if this increases traffic to your site and conversions.
Here are two article writing services:
- iWriter – Just select what kind of article you interested, an eBook, a Blog Post, Articles for submitting to directories, Kindle Book, Press Releases or Article Re-Writes.
- Fiverr -Articles & Blog Posts for $5 and up. Go to the left hand column and select “Top Rated” view the list of options go through them and find the one right for your article.
By following these article marketing tips, it won’t be long before you get a lot of hits and make more sales.
So, What does it take to succeed in article marketing?
This is a question you have to ask is, if you plan to use this cost effective form of advertising to promote your business and/or products. If you really think about it, anybody can do it. You just need to know some basics.
When we say basics, the article regardless of what topic should be timely, consistent and value driven. This is because you want to bring value to the readers even all the way to the end, you are making them avail of your product or service and benefits.
This all begins with your title itself because the catchy ones will make the reader want to know and learn more about what you have to say. If they don’t get past the title then your effort of content writing has been wasted.
Is like a lense, a Headline is like a lense that lets them see in their vision of what you are writing about and if it is related to what they are searching for. Use 5 Wining Headline Formulas to create headlines that will grab your reader by the eye balls.
When you work on the first paragraph all the way to the end, write your article in a conversational tone. This allows you to connect with your readers as though you are talking with them face to face.
In fact, one of the best words to use is “you” because you are their advocate. Bloggers and writers use this strategy effectively to generate nice amounts of traffic to their websites and/or blogs.
In writing your article, make sure to list down the benefits and use bullet points. Remember, people are more inclined to buy something if they know there is something they can gain or solve from using your product.
For instance, if you are writing an article on weight loss and you have something that can help lose their weight. Just make sure of course you are able to deliver the product in timely manner. Keep everything simple so even the average person can understand your message you are trying to convey to them.
The last part of the article should have a link to your website. Another way of doing it is to use the resource box.
These two things are important because after reading your article, you want that person to visit your website. The same goes if what you are offering is a service and the only way to do that is to let them get in touch with you.
You should also post your work in other websites as well as your own so you are able to reach a wider audience.
Keep in mind there are thousands of websites now and nobody will able to see your articles without the help of search engines.
This is why keywords are so important. These should also be integrated to the article so choose these carefully so it will not disrupt the natural flow of content.
Use Google Keyword Planner to find the best keywords to use in your article. Use keywords sparingly through your article and in your author’s box with a link to your website.
Don’t expect to write article very well if you have never done this before and are just starting out. Just like any other skill, it takes time to develop and practice makes perfect.
One way to do this is to read how other writers are do it and then try to apply this to your own articles. You can attend a few writing classes or courses as well so you can get feedback from your instructors.
So, What does it take to succeed in article marketing?
Basically good writing skills because how you do it may or may not increase website traffic as well as how you use social media and other marketing strategies to promote your articles.
Those who have tried but failed have decided to enlist the help of a professional writer and outsourced instead given that they have the experience to achieve what you are trying to put down on paper.
In the end, it is all about content which should be relevant to whatever you are selling or readers interest of topic, otherwise you are just wasting the reader’s time.
Another great article: 6 Tips On Overcoming Writers Block
If you enjoyed the blog post tweet below, Thank You!