Are You Trying To Build A List Or Attempting To Enjoy Success With Your Online Business ?
Like many entrepreneurs beginning online or even been around for a while trying to figure out why they are not having the success they are after.
After probably buying every single shiny object online myself and thinking that the problem was every program I had purchased but little did I know that the problem was me not implementing the right list building strategies.
What do I mean ? Well as you may know if you’ve been around the internet marketing game for any amount of time it is easy to get sidetracked and blinded by the overwhelming amount of information you have to consume to start an online business and keep it running and let alone trying to build a list.
I probably made every single mistake you can probably make which is good news for you because I am going to disclose some of these time and success draining mistakes so you don’t have to and get an unfair advantage from someone who has been there and done that, ” I love that quote but no punt intended “.
Now getting down to business here are some list building strategies and mistakes you should avoid like a plague:
- Have a lead funnel in place. Not having one, you might as well close up shop right this second. This means having a lead capture page to funnel your leads and capture their information before they go to your offer. This should be done without saying but it completely blows me away how many people are doing it and to no surprise because I made this mistake too.
- Have an Opt-in Form on your website or blog. If you want to be around for a while and in business this is essential. An opt-in form is simply an email autoresponder form you get an HTML Code or Java Script to put on your website or blog. Preferably at the top fold of your site because with the little attention span site visitors have today you want them to see it immediately specially if offering a Free Report or Ebook ( Recommended for better conversions ).
- Know your target market and/or audience. Not knowing your market is the biggest mistake I see online. This means knowing what they want and what they want to read. When someone inputs their information in your email form they either just want the free report and/or want to learn more about that specific topic. Make sure you stay on topic for increased conversions.
- Segment your lists by Niche, Category and/or Product. You don’t want to be sending someone who opted in to your list for marketing strategies and send them an email on a product related to Babe Rattles. Keep your list segmented by buyers and non-buyers as well. If you grow a big list, you want to know who your buyers are and who are not because here you can maximize your efforts for better conversions and sales as well.
- Building a relationship with your list. This is like meeting someone in the street and asking them to marry you before you even know their name, ( You’ll never have a long lasting relationship this way ). This is key to building a long term business. One of the biggest lessons I learned way back before the internet had taken shape to what it is today and selling off-line the first thing I learned was, ” Build a Relationship ” with your client before you ask for the sale and it applies then and now online as well. This is a biggie so don’t believe that you can build a list today and tomorrow sell them a product in majority of cases. Studies show that it takes approximately 5 to 7 emails in most cases before they will make a purchase but only if they trust you. After all, They are buying you not the product believe it or not.
- Tell real stories and experiences. Many people are afraid of looking vulnerable or human with their lists and subscribers ( Big Mistake ). When structuring your emails and any content for that matter it always increases value when you share your stories and make yourself vulnerable and show that you are a real human being who previously were having the same problems or experiences as they might currently be having. This makes your subscribers more apt to grow your relationship and conversions too. ( See a pattern here ? )
- Use individualized type of message in your content. Many make the mistake of speaking in a voice of a company or organization. Your subscriber does not want to know about your company and what success it is having. They want to know how as an individual you are going to help them and support them should they have questions or need assistance. When you speak in the voice of person to person this is like your friend talking to you which you could trust to what they are telling you and are more likely to follow their advice.
- Have constant and continuous communication with your list. This goes along with building a relationship with your list. It’s like, If you had a friend and you did not call him or her for a year and then you picked up the phone one day and asked them to buy your product. Well, You know how that conversation will go, Right ? If you want your subscribers to stay on your list and continue to buy and more importantly build a long term business then this is critical to your future and your business.
All these mistakes I have made and I can tell you from experience this cost me a few years of hard knocks and hard lessons to get to where I needed to be in the first place but unfortunately these are mistake can take you off-course and can hamper your success and achievements in building a long lasting business.
I hope this gives you the right direction in building your business and list whether online or off-line because these strategies still apply to both.
If you enjoyed this blog post I would appreciate if you shared this with someone who deserves more success and you care about, let’s help some more people!
If you liked the blog post click the Google Plus below…
To Your Abundance!
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared… Thank You!
P.S. Subscribe to my Newsletter to get Free Updates, Marketing Tips and Strategies directly to your inbox!