Creating a Tailored Internet Marketing Plan
There are numerous aspects involved in developing an
Internet marketing plan.
From budget to end goal in mind, website marketing gets results instantly and if you are consistent with your internet marketing process you can eventually scale your business.
It is also detailed process, which is the reason many site
owners hire a marketing specialist to help them plan.
To start, you must think about the major goal of the
marketing campaign. Do you want to increase customer
loyalty, boost brand awareness or sell products?
A correctly executed Internet marketing strategy can take an
e-commerce business to new levels if all steps are geared
toward reaching that final goal.
Your campaign will be limited by your marketing budget. Many website owners start with a small amount of money, gradually increasing the budget to the highest, yet still comfortable level.
An Internet marketing budget can be unlimited, and you may
never reach your entire customer base. Stick with what you
can afford, and work within your budget’s confines.
Learn about the direct competitors in your niche by
searching for their website’s keywords by using a free tool like Google Keyword Planner.
You will realize that some businesses are more competitive
than others. And potential customers who are searching for
services or products offered by your company will usually
choose highly ranked websites.
Therefore, any site listed above your site is a competitor.
Thoroughly research their services and products, and learn
their strengths and weaknesses.
Make any necessary improvements to your website. Remember, a site is similar to a storefront. The more enticing the website’s design, the more traffic and sales the business
Your services and products should not be carbon copies of
your competitors, even if you must increase the quality of
your items or include extras in your service packages.
Finally, identify the customer base you want to target, and
advertise in places where they frequent. There are even some sites, particularly social networks, that will place
business advertisements in front of a certain audiences to
which the ads are targeted.
3 Mistakes To Avoid In Internet Marketing
When it comes to internet marketing, there are things that
you simply need to avoid so that you will not waste your
Unfortunately, these are very common mistakes and if you are able to avoid these, you will be able to have an edge on
If you are serious about being a successful internet
marketer, then you need to focus on these mistakes and to
remember to avoid them.
Not having a niche
Making your presence known online is all about having a
niche. If you fail to choose a good niche, you will never be
able to really succeed.
Quick Tip: What is your PASSION ??? Use your passion and your expertise and profit from it.
This is because the internet already has a lot of
competition and so you need to find a niche where you can
excel and actually get traffic to your site.
Rushing the process
Too many people simply try to get overnight success and this
is not going to happen. If you are serious about being able
to succeed in any aspect of life, rushing things will only
make things worse.
You need to take it slow and focus on long term success.
Once you realize that patience really is a virtue, you will
see that your online journey will only get better.
The internet has a lot of content and so you can’t be a copy
of other things. You will need to be original and have your
own style on the internet.
Once you are able to do this, there is no stopping you from
If you are able to avoid these simple things, you will be
able to really make your presence known on the internet.
Most people will admit that these are the simplest mistakes
to create and if you avoid these from the very beginning,
you will be able to really prosper online.
5 Reasons Why Blogging is the New Internet Marketing Tool
Blogging is a concept that started in late 90s. It used to be a way to comment an existing webpage, an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out one’s opinion on the said page.
What started as a single-sentence commentary has evolved into pages of personal take on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blog’s potential.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool:
1.Blogging is simple. The simplest way to get your piece on the net is through blogging. No skills are necessary… an average adult can read and type, or at least click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, your experiences, your new products, your knowledge, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and entice your reader to subscribe to your Newsletter, opt-in to your email list by you offering a free ebook, course or training and also try your product.
If you have a PC and an Internet connection (who doesn’t?) then you can blog and advertise.
2. Blogging is authentic. In this day and age where advertising saturate our lives, we question the credibility of promoters’ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their real-life experiences, unscathed by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is like talking to people about their first-hand experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
3. Blogging is free. Because blogging is yet to be proven as a mainstream online advertising media, most sites see it as something to augment current marketing tools and thus offer it for free. Any opportunity for free webtime is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are starting up. Needless to say, paid blog pages can generate more income for your seriously growing business.
4. Blogging builds credibility. As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular product or industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. As such, you become an expert on it; as a consequence, more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies and professional organizations notice the growth of your readership base, they may soon get in touch with you for advertising on your blog page, or make you an affiliate, which pays for every referral generated from your blog site.
5. Blogging builds your market. Unless you are a Hollywood star, chances are, only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog site is. But you need not depend on Mom to increase your readership base.
Look into the following ways to build your market through blogging:
- By using your e-mail. Today, blogging is overcoming the e-mail’s popularity in quickly and effectively reaching and expanding a market. In this age of speed and quick access, logging in and downloading e-mail is simply taking longer than clicking into a blog site. Let them explore your site by using a short e-mail message as teaser to your blog site. If your e-mail is on an entirely different subject, use your e-mail signature to give a link to the site.
- By using subscription. An easy way to get your readers e-mail is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blogsite. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their e-mail address. Just be responsible in using their e-mail address, as the last thing you want is a comment on your blog that you are a spammer.
- By understanding your readers. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared. In this way, it is like interviewing your readers without the commitment and intrusion of a face-to-face interview.
- By joining a blog network –A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the same industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, etc. Consumers find credibility and convenience in clicking one link to several real bloggers about a single subject. Clearly, more bloggers are better than one.
- By using RSS. RSS is the fastest growing technology on the Internet today. As such, having RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readership base. Having a variety of feeds can add interest to your blog site.
Give your business a boost by effectively using blogging as an Internet marketing tool.