All Content Created Online Whether On Your Blog, Article Directory Submissions Or Press Releases There Is One Element Critical To Readership And It’s Results!
Question: What is the first thing your audience sees when landing on your Press Release ?
Answer: Your Press Release Headline
Here are some guidelines to writing better headlines:
- Asking questions is one way of getting peaked interest in your content and your press releases.
- Using the tips, strategies or techniques as your headline focus. For example: Learn 5 Tips To Triple Your Income!
- Using current News or Events to attract your specific and exact audience you are after. If your after an audience that loves dogs then you would use something like; The latest Dog Training science recently discovered to train your dog in 14 days!
- Your headline must be accurate and engaging. ( Leave the hype and false statements out of your content )
Here is a great article on 10 Knock Their Socks Off Headlines Writing Tips to take your Press Release writing to the next level.
The next order of business in writing a press release that keeps your audience engaged is your first paragraph of your content.
Your first paragraph should be direct and to the point to keep your reader wanting to continue through the rest of the press release or any content for that matter.
Press releases are an essential element of any public relations strategy. These short, compelling documents detail product releases, event announcements and other newsworthy items a company produces.
As CEO of the tech PR firm Cutler Group, it’s my job to help take the business dealings of innovative tech startups and turn them into press coverage — and one of the first steps my team and I take is writing good press releases on our clients’ behalf. Read more…
I’ve learned one important thing about press releases. A great press release is not something that prompts a journalist to write an article; rather, a great press release is published as an article.
While that may be an abstraction outside of the most time-strapped of reporters, many times the better your press release, the more of it ends up verbatim in the resulting article. Read more…
Here are some great tips to writing awesome Press Release Content:
Now that you have written a great Press Release it is time to share with the world. Here are some top submission sites to consider below.
Top Free Press Release Submission Sites:
- 24-7PressRelease.com – Share Your News with Journalists, Consumers, & Bloggers. (The site offers several different press distribution options, including a free plan to submit up to one posting per day. They also provide great press release writing tips on their “PR Resources” page. )
- Free Press Release – On this site, the free distribution option allows you to use specific font styles to create a more customized press release. For only $1 per release you can insert up to 3 images to add branding with a logo or enhance your release with pictures of an event or product.
- PR.com – PR.com has a different layout than the other sites. Their categories are the main focus of their website which makes it easier to find what you’re looking for and allows for more qualified traffic to be exposed to your press releases.
- i-Newswire – Here, i-newswire has an impressive list of their distribution partners on their home page and include channels such as: search engine distribution, new sites distribution, and RSS feed distribution.
- PRLog – PrLog’s press release plan has the most features available for free. With clickable links inside the body (a key feature to increase your website’s SEO), ability to include company logos, unlimited unique press releases, and more, this site allows for a truly customized press release at no cost to you.
Remember which ever way you decide to go with your Press Release submitting it to these above sites are important to getting your PR found online but more importantly writing high quality always trumps quantity and the engagement will be a noticeable indication as well.
Don’t like writing or don’t know how to write a great Press Release ? Outsource it!
There are great places to get your Press Release written online and here are a few:
- Fiverr.com – Fiverr is probably the most inexpensive place you can get your Press Release written. Prices start at just $5.
- Expresswriters.com – Get your online news written and distributed in one place with their expert team of journalists and their high quality distribution partner, accessing major news networks online.
- Ereleases.com – Get a press release written that is readable, properly formatted, and designed to get media attention. They also have a distribution service to major journalists as well.
- ContentWriters.com – Tell them what you need and their Traffic Director will personally select the best candidate from a pool of expert writers to tailor your content needs.
- ExpressWriters.com – They provide various content writing services including Press Release writing services.
Want to see what a Press Release looks like and how it should be formated ? Checkout this list of Press Release Samples by ereleases.com.