To Be Successful Selling Other People’s Products Using Affiliate Marketing You Need To Answer One Question, What is affiliate marketing ?
Affiliate marketing is basically selling other people’s products without the responsibility of taking care of purchasing process, setting up and maintaining a website, or customer issues.
You simply refer people to other people’s website and get paid for doing so. Not bad for not even creating a product, Right?
You join a product company’s affiliate program directly or in many cases today through an affiliate network like Clickbank, LinkShare, Commission Junction, Shareasale, JVZoo and others.
With affiliate marketing you don’t have to be concerned with:
- Creating your own product
- Product fulfillment – The product owner or affiliate network takes care of this.
- Payment processing because all of this is done by the product owner or the affiliate network hosting the product.
- And the best part is there are products in any market you can imagine and the biggest names in the industry are part of it all. Names like: Walmart, Amazon, Kmart and thousands of others.
I remember when talking to my colleagues at my old 9 to 5 and telling them how I used affiliate marketing to make a part time income. They would always ask me, What is Affiliate Marketing ? Some would be interested in hearing more but others would simply say, Another Pyramid Scheme.
That was indication to me that they have probably tried it before without getting results and this would their quick answer when anyone spoke about it.
Many people including myself have been burnt by some of the schemes online and it is the reason why I found it necessary to write about it so readers interested in pursuing affiliate marketing would have a more pleasant experience with less obstacles and a shorter learning curve.
Remember: A Failure Is Always A Lesson
Understanding what is affiliate marketing
and how it works is advisable before you jump in because there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Take it from me, the wrong way can be very costly and could blow your budget before you even get started.
How does affiliate marketing work?
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online part time or full-time depending on how much time you devote to your business.
There are two particular ways to make affiliate marketing work for you:
- Send traffic directly to the product sales page to make sales ( Not Recommended ). Most won’t make a buying decision the first time so why not give them something of value for free and get their email info to stay in touch and sell to them over and over again.
- Send traffic to your own capture page or squeeze page to funnel your prospects or leads through your opt-in form so you collect their email information and the email autoresponder will redirect them to the sales page after they fill in the opt-in form. ( Recommended )
Why don’t I recommend the first strategy ? Because if you want to continue to stay in business for any amount of time it is critical that you use strategy number two.
Thinks of it this way, If you are paying for traffic to get your prospects to purchase a product it can get pretty expensive and you don’t want to do this same process over and over again every time you want to sell a product. Work smart not hard!
If you get the customers information then when you will be able to sell other products by sending a simple email to all or some of your lists and have a good portion of your subscribers will purchase your products
Does affiliate marketing work ?
This is the one question mostly asked online and for good reason. Most affiliates fail to make money online and it’s a combination of a few things as I have discovered myself and previously failing attempts.
The reason many fail is because:
- You’re selling a product that there is no market for.
- You didn’t do a thorough market research.
- You’re not using the right marketing strategy to market your product.
- You don’t have a sales funnel that converts.
- Your ad copy is not grabbing your prospects attention
- Your sales page is not converting
To answer to this question, Affiliate Marketing works and works very well. In fact, many have made fortunes online using this exact method. We have proven these methods ourselves.
Here is a snapshot of what my email looks like and so could yours too!
There are some affiliate training courses that can show you how to do affiliate marketing effectively to earn extra income online or make it a full time income.
You need to be cautious because there are a lot of scams online and believe me I was lost in this internet abyss for a while and bought all those pretty shiny objects myself but after sifting through most of them I found Elite Marketing Pro which has been responsible for our success online.
EMP is one of the easiest marketing training platforms online and a very simple step by step system to use and has been online for over ten years to be exact and is one of the most successful advanced affiliate training online that works with the latest and most effective current strategies to get results.
Hope this answers the question, What Is Affiliate Marketing ?
If you want to learn more about what is affiliate marketing and how I make money using affiliate marketing visit: Start Making Money With Affiliate Marketing