What is Internet Traffic ?
Generating traffic correlates with ” Marketing ” and fundamentally there are two main categories in marketing. ( Paid Marketing and Sweat Equity Marketing using Free Methods ).
With Paid Marketing its pretty straight forward, You pay for an ad space and you get traffic but once you stop marketing the traffic stops. But only if you pay for marketing without generating leads you can stay in touch with, then paid marketing can pay for itself many times over.
Sweat Equity Marketing means using free methods on free platforms without violating account privileges. This is why for example when doing marketing on Facebook or Google+ you use a business page to post updates related to your business content.
Sweat equity marketing is a long term strategy doing things manually yourself sharing to all social profiles online, blog commenting, forum commenting, bookmarking your articles on social bookmark sites, making your own videos and sharing on video platforms such as Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion and can take as long or as little time you put into your business. If you stick with it you can generate great results and continue to grow.
Here I’ll go over 5 ways you could generate internet traffic to your blog, blog posts, articles,and your ads.
It can be down-right disappointing after you’ve spent so much time building your site and adding some great content but not many are coming in to read your content or view what you have to offer.
First you need to share what people are interested in, searching for and not what you think they might be interested in because it really doesn’t matter what you believe it only matters what they are searching for.
This does not mean simply give up your content completely but instead plan to succeed by planning your content and outline, the topic and is there anyone interested in what you have or want to write about.
What I recommend is doing your quick market research first before anything else to see if you have a market and how large is your market. You can also gain other search terms you can include into your marketing strategies.
Once you have this information you know you should have an idea of your audience to read your content. So you include these related search terms in your content and share it online.
Sometimes I start out with an idea, a topic, a keyword or phrase to write about but in some cases found that there was no-one interested in that phrase or topic but found related topics, phrases and keywords directly related to the content in mind.
Plus it gets those wheels turning when you get other ideas intermingled with yours helping you generate internet traffic to your site (s).
By doing a great market research with tools like Google Keyword Planner which gives you a host of other keywords, phrases or topics with good amounts of people searching and interested in your topic.
As you see below search results for, “Online Marketing” and suggestions with total market searching for that particular term.
- Automate as much of your business to maximize marketing platforms like Hootsuite where you can send all your postings to all social media outlets instantly all in one place. Initial setup required but worth every second.
- Social Media Groups – There are groups in just about every niche you could think of and some of these groups are active but you must be to the point and share the benefits of your company or product. Google+ Groups, Facebook Groups, LinkedIn by Categories, and Twitter Chats are just a few of the more popular groups online.
- Forums – There are many forums online in almost every niche. Just do a Google search for your niche like, ” cooking forums ” for example and you’ll find them. As far as Forums are concerned it is important to note that most forums do not allow links in the comment body area when making a comment or answering a question on the forum or simply replying to one of your forum posts. However, In Forums you place your link to your website or your product in your signature found in the profile settings usually. You could do this strategy once a week or as often as you like by looking for topics of interest and might have some insight to share exposing your signature file with your link creating interest and increased internet traffic
- Guest Posting – Yep, Guest Blogging is an excellent way to generate a steady flow of traffic to your site specially if guest posting in higher authority related market blogs. There are blogs that generate tens of thousands of visitors every single day. With this in mind you have to bring your ” A Game ” because this is an opportunity to shine and get a percentage of this traffic to your site. Exceptional unique high quality article that knocks them off their feet. If you can’t come up with this kind of writing then outsource it to ContentWriters or CrowdContent.
- Video Marketing – Video marketing can be an effective strategy if done right. Here are a few tips to generate internet traffic using video marketing. When uploading your video make sure you change your file name to the main search term or phrases. Then while uploading like Youtube for example it takes a little while to upload so you could simply Rewrite the title with search terms or phrase included, Write the description using your search terms and phrases throughout your content and make sure to include your website link or other resources you would like to share. Make sure to fill out the Tags which are all the search terms or phrases used to find your content.
Three more tips to generate internet traffic.
( What these methods do is create momentum through word of mouth marketing, social media engagement with your product, its free and creates a path of growth)
- Facebook Ads – Is a great way to generate internet traffic to your blog or website. The beauty, its either instant traffic or not. In other words you will know instantly if your ad is not optimized properly, the right image that is congruent with your product to improve conversions. This is “Why” I recommend everyone do a good market research, to find a good target market. Don’t just start throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks because you can burn through your budget pretty quickly. Business Page Required to run ads on Facebook!
- Testimonials is a very powerful way to increase trust in you and your product or service you are offering. People believe more of what your saying works when you show testimonials with results. Use it in all your marketing and see what it does for you.
- Create A Free Offer – If you have an expertise in a certain area, you could summon it up into a free ebook you could give away in exchange for their email address. This way you are maximizing your marketing strategy potential and build a list of people who are interested in your niche market potentially making them a great source of revenue if a percentage of them buy your product.