Most entrepreneurs and those who understand the power of a blog are blogging online and for a very good reason!
Yes, if your not blogging and have a business online or off-line or just have a product you want to share with the world then you need to start a blog if you don’t already have one.
I’ve been blogging for a few years now and it is simply an amazing experience not to mention all the wonderful people you’ll meet and become good friends or long time customers.
The best way to educate and share your experience and knowledge is through a blog. There are millions of people hungry for information, how to info. and products that help them achieve their goals whether it’s from dating, to finding a product that helps them with their condition or education about how to start an online business etc…
The beauty of a blog is that once you have published the content online through your blog it stays online forever unless you take your site down of course. What this does is it gives you leverage in people finding your content and helping them in the process and if your content is worthy of sharing it can become even viral which is free marketing and exposure for your blog site too.
This is why it is so important to write quality and valuable content that provides your reader an informative educational article that helps them make a decision as to what they should do next or what product could be right for them.
Your goal is to find out what your market is looking for so you can provide it to them. Don’t make the mistake of writing content in hoping that your market will find it online eventually.
It can be the same exact information you would like to write about but using and targeting the right keywords associated with your content makes it easier for them to find you instead of you trying to find them. ( Work Smarter Not Harder )
Blogging affords you the opportunity of leveling the playing field if you do it right. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Focus on writing quality instead of quantity. ( Google loves original quality information they can provide to the people whom are typing in their browser to find specific information or looking for a solution and Google will reward you by sending people to your blog )
- Do a thorough research of your market/niche before starting to write your blog post.
- Be accurate in your information. ( It is the quickest way to loose your readers and followers if your information is not accurate )
- Don’t just write for the sake of just putting out content on your blog. Give it some thought, research your content for accuracy, use the right keywords with less competition so your content can be found quicker.
- Build a loyal list of followers who are interested in what you write about and can become and authority in the market. They will share your content freely with their social engagements which can turn your content to go viral.
- Use social media and other outlets to share your content.
- Use Bookmarking submission sites to submit your blog content.
- Ask and engage with other bloggers who have been around longer than you and can provide you with helpful and up to date tips
- Last but not least, Have Fun. Your content will reflect it when your enjoying your blogging.
One of the benefits of blogging and providing good quality content is people will engage and even purchase products from you as well without even asking for the sale. Why ? Because your not being a car salesman and pushing them to making a buying decision but instead giving them valuable free information they enjoy reading and sharing with others.
Forget about competition, the only competition you have is yourself. Give your readers what they want, not what you think they want.
Free valuable content that gives them actionable solutions to their problem always trumps the pushy salesman telling them to buy your product.
Why does blogging work ? Take a look at this image below. This is just in the last three weeks with no marketing what so ever, just blogging!
This doesn’t happen overnight but the benefits can be very rewarding!