Can You Build A Website Online On A Small Budget ?
This one of the reasons it has kept many people from starting an online business or starting a blog to share your passion or a product you might have.
It really surprises everyone when I tell them the cost of building a website or blog. For less than $100 bucks you can have a professional looking website or blog if you are willing to put in a little sweat equity.
These are the main elements and cost of building a website or blog:
- Domain Name – A Domain Name will cost you about $10 to $15 bucks a year. You can get one at registrars like Namecheap.com. They are inexpensive and great support too.
- Hosting Account – You can use a service like 1and1.com or Hostgator.com. These are two of the more popular hosting services and offer good service and support which is critical to having your website or blog up 99.99% of the time. Then cost is about $10.00 a month.
- WordPress – This is a platform used to build your website inside your hosting account which is free when you get your hosting account. WordPress is very user friendly and offers many options for making your site look and feel like a professionally built site.
- Email Autoresponder – This is an email management system designed to collect your prospects email information via Opt-In forms on your site. This will run you about $20.00 a month. Look at it this way, for every email collected from your prospects their value according to statistics is $1.00 per email. Which means that if you have 1000 emails your list is worth $1000 in revenue. An email autoresponder allows you to stay in touch with your subscribers and continue to build a relationship via a newsletter/blog updates where you can share your existing and new products with them.
This is the bare minimum you need to have your website set up and live on the internet.
Here are some tips to set up your website or blog.
You want to build a website or blog on a budget for your business, product or hobby but don’t know where to start. Lucky for you it is not as complicated as you might think.
In fact, you can pretty much make one for free with a free Domain Name. However, there are some things that you should know before you start building your website or blog.
I commonly come across business owners asking me, Why am I not getting any people to visit my website ? or Why aren’t people buying my product ?
One thing I want to clear up before going on. In this article I write about using your keywords for your Domain Name instead of the name you want to use. For example: You want to call the website CharliesPizzaJoint.com because no-one is searching for Charlies or Joint specially if you have a new business but people are more likely search for restaurants in local city name, pizza in city name, places to eat in city name, or pizza delivery in city name.
Hope you get where I am headed with this. If you have those keywords in your Domain Name preferably you will be more likely to get a trickle effect of traffic to your site more quickly then if you called your website CharliesPizzaJoint.com and as traffic starts and your site becomes more popular in Google’s eyes or other search engines you will see your web traffic increase.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when planning the build of your site:
- Do a thorough market research to understand what your market is looking for so you can provide them with it. You can use the free tool called, Google Keyword Planner. It is free to use and will help you learn more about your market and help you find great keywords your consumers are searching in their browsers.
- Now that you have some good keywords you could do a search at Domain Name registrars like Namecheap.com or Godaddy.com ( Paid Domain Names ) to see if it is available. I did say you could get a Domain Name for free and you can get one at www.dot.tk.
- Once you have a Domain Name then it is time to find out where you are going to build your site. There are a few popular platforms available like WordPress.com, Blogger.com, Weebly.com, Wix.com and others. I usually use WordPress since I find it easy to use and easy to build a website without knowing coding or programming. They also have an excellent tutorial that shows you how to set everything up .
- I also recommend getting an email autoresponder like Aweber.com, iContact ( Paid Services ) or use a free service like MailChimp.com to collect your visitor information so you can stay in-touch with them and offer them more tips, resources and products which increase your customer value.
- Once you have your platform to build your site and your domain name then you are ready to write your site content. If you are selling something then your sales letter which must be specific about the benefits of your product and how it solves their problem. You can use testimonials ( Recommended ) and/or video (s) giving them valuable information which allows them make a decision in purchasing your product or at least a subscriber to your newsletter. Make sure that your content is unique, valuable and high quality. If you can you might even want to outsource this if you are handicapped as far as writing is concerned.
- Now that you have your content on your site and everything is set up correctly it is time to share it with the world. This is the marketing aspect of the business. Share your site on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn.com, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and many other Social Media sites online. Here are the Top Ten Social Media Sites.
- Use Press Release sites to let the world know about your site. Mashable.com shares the top 20 free press release sites here.
- Submit articles to article directories sites where you can submit articles related to your site, product or market and include a link to your site in the author’s box not in the article itself unless they don’t have an author’s box then just leave one or two links back to your website or blog in your article.
I hope this gives you a head start into building your website or blog for any situation. Get my free ebook where I go over other tips and resources that can help you with your website too.
You may also like -
Latest posts by Reinaldo Lopez (see all)
- 5 Simple Ways to Generate Internet Traffic Online - September 22, 2017
- Lead Generation Strategies Using Blogging And Attraction Marketing! - August 25, 2017
- USA Jobs Employment Future A Passive Income Online? - August 19, 2017