In this article I am going to share how to build a blog from scratch and the important components that make up setting up a blog.
So, What does it take to build a blog from scratch ?
- The first thing is market research. You can use a tool like Google Keyword Planner Tool to do your research which is absolutely free.
This tool gives you information like: What your market is searching for via keyword and keyword phrases, how much competition you will have and what keywords to use in your Domain Name and blog content when making blog posts.
- The second thing you should get but not necessary if your starting out on a tight budget. This is getting a Domain Name to Brand your Blog and yourself.
Getting your own Domain Name is the best way of branding yourself and getting found on the top search engines and should include your main keyword.
This keyword should be the one with the most searches and least competition you found while doing your keyword research.
- The third thing you need is a hosting account. There are many hosting registrars out there like; Hostgator.com, 1and1.com, Bluehost.com and many others.
I have personally used Hostgator to build over 25 sites and have had a very pleasant experience with them and their support is awesome too.
If you go the free way of building a site then I recommend WordPress.com or Blogger.com. These two platforms and are the more popular ones but I favor WordPress because of it’s simplicity and how powerful this platform is in it’s versatility with the thousands of Themes and Plugins ( Only With Paid Service ) at your disposal.
- The Fourth thing that I highly recommend getting an Autoresponder email management system like; Aweber, Get Response, iContact and MailChimp which is free but a little more cumbersome to use and limited to so many subscribers.
I have personally been using Aweber for years. If you want to go with a free service then MailChimp is great.
Why do you need an Autoresponder you might ask ? Because, ” The Money Is In The List “.
If you are going to have any success online then you need to build your email list so you can nurture and stay in touch with your subscribers and more importantly make continuous sales from your list over and over again as long as you provide solid, high quality products and high value that they will benefit and keep coming back for more.
- The last thing and very important is, Your Blog Content. Your content should be unique and of high quality if you want your readers to come back to your blog. If you are not a writer then or don’t know how to start your content, don’t worry. You will develop your skills as you go along and the truth is that people like content that is natural and not made up or stolen from elsewhere. Later you can outsource this if you wish.
*** Note: When starting a blog from scratch it is important to keep in mind your SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ).
Make sure that you find what your best keywords are and use them in your content sparingly and do not over stuff your content with keywords. Make sure that you use your keywords in your Meta Tags, Your Site Description, Your H1, H2 Tags too.
Take advantage of Social Media platforms and it’s power to share your content and create a following.
Hope you enjoy this post, appreciate if you share it with others.
To Your Blogging Success,
P.S. If you want to learn how to make six figures online blogging then you need to checkout someone who I’ve come to admire and learn from. Click Here to learn more!