There are many marketing tactics you could use to get the word out about your business and/or products leaving you with no lack of ways to reach your audience and prospects.
Even with the diversity and huge amounts of platforms to use in marketing there are still many who struggle with this in their business. Some of these methods are mostly free and some are inexpensively enough to try out and achieve some success with your marketing.
I personally recommend that you try one marketing strategy and platform at one time so you can focus better on getting the best results possible in your testing phase. Once you have a winning combination then it is time to scale up your marketing.
Here are some marketing tactics and resources to meet your marketing objectives:
- Blogging – Blogging is one of the more popular ways of marketing tactics used today. It allows you to post content you would like your readers to find online. The beauty of blogging is that it is an evergreen form of marketing because it stays on search engines data base and can be found easily by readers specially if the content is highly sought after.
- Email Marketing – This form of marketing is one of the most profitable and can sustain a business for a long term as long as you have developed a good relationship with your email subscribers. Place an opt-in form on your website or blog to allow people to subscribe to your newsletter and this way every time you post something on your website/blog, they will get your post automatically once published. This form of marketing can also be used to sell your products too.
- Social Media – This is a broad and expanding area of marketing since new social media platforms are coming up almost everyday. When we talk about social media the first ones that come to mind are the 800 pound gorillas in the room, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr just to name the most popular ones. These platforms are primarily used for social engagement but are also monetized through advertising and use of business pages.
- Video Marketing – Video Marketing is another huge marketing platform for videos. Youtube is the number two as far as traffic is concerned and where you want to be. This is a free form of marketing but can also be a paid marketing strategy as well.
- Slideshare – Slideshare is a great way of re-purposing your content on your blog or website and converting them into a slideshow and then uploading to Slideshare.com. You can design it yourself or outsource to Fiverr for $5.
- Infographic Marketing – Infographics Marketing is more about illustrations, diagrams and detailed descriptions of your infographics but at the same time marketing your business and/or products.
- Content Marketing – Content marketing is a hot trend today and many are using it very effectively. Obviously the content must be high quality, valuable, unique and relevant to your niche. Your content can be distributed by posting in on your website or blog, article submission sites, social media and many others…
- Off-Page Marketing – Drop business cards by local businesses and restaurants. Post ads in your local newspaper. Pass out fliers or put them in people’s houses or cars.
- Banner Marketing – Banner marketing can be done inexpensively. All you need to do is find a list of websites or blogs in your niche or market whom are accepting banner ads on their sites and come to terms with what to pay for a specific amount of time.
- Mobile Marketing – Mobile marketing has surpassed your typical online marketing and it is still an affordable way to get gobs of traffic to your website or blog. 4.7 Billion reasons to use this marketing tactic.
- Word of Mouth – This marketing tactic is still a very viable way of getting traffic to your site specially if you have something to offer people are in need of. People love to share great finds, content and tips they can use.
- Press Release Marketing – Press Releases are very powerful way of marketing but it would be of interest to you to invest in someone writing it professionally for you unless you consider yourself a good writer. PRWeb.com is one of the more popular and bigger Press Release submission sites with a large audience.
- Direct Mail – Many believe that this marketing strategy is dead but take a look at what you get in the mail. It still works believe it or not. With Direct Mail you need to obviously get a list of addresses to mail to and you can do this by going to your local post office or talking to someone on the phone to explain how their direct mailing program works.
- Search Engine Marketing – Search engine marketing is one of the most effective and fastest ways of marketing but one of the most expensive. Facebook Ads is popular but its effectiveness is dwindling as happened with Google Adwords in the 1990’s. This form of marketing can be used with Facebook, Google Adwords, Yahoo Ads, Microsoft Ads and many other search engines…
- PPV Marketing – Pay Per View Marketing is another way of getting people to find your business or products. With this method your basically paying for some one to view your ad pop up over a related niche or market website. It usually requires that you start with a $200 deposit before you can start marketing.
There are many more marketing tactics available other than these mentioned here but these are some of the more popular and effective ways to market to your audience. Try them all and see if you find one which works best for you and slowly scale your business accordingly.
If your still baffled about your marketing and how to go about it you could try attraction marketing method to recruit people into your business.
You may also like -
Latest posts by Reinaldo Lopez (see all)
- 3 Secrets of Top Direct Selling Consultants - June 15, 2017
- Marketing With Serpstat Keyword Site Analyzer Tool - May 21, 2017
- Content Marketing To Attract Your Market - May 19, 2017