Buying Website Traffic is The Most Effective And Fastest Way To Get Buyers To Your Business or Product…Period!
But, How you go about is a whole different story and could leave you broke and most likely to fail if your not astute in using PPC wisely. Take it from me I’ve lost my short on some marketing campaigns I never should have run in the first place.
It was an expensive lesson but well worth it that I decided to take it head on since there were not to many courses or training in marketing when I got started over 8 years ago.
So how can PPC help you grow your business, your website traffic and your sales?
PPC Advertising: How To Make Your Business “CLICK”
PPC stands for Pay Per Click – a popular advertising technique on the Internet to get website traffic. Found on websites, advertising networks, and especially on search engines, PPC advertising involves sponsored links that are typically in the form of text ads.
These are usually placed close to search results, where an advertiser pays a particular amount to visitors who click on these links or banners and land on the advertiser’s web page.
In essence, PPC advertising is all about bidding for the top or leading position on search engine results and listings.
Advertisers do this by buying or bidding on keyword phrases that are relevant to their products or services – the higher the bid, the higher the spot on the search results, the more the people will find the ad (and click on it) to go to their websites (this is why some people call it “keyword auctioning”).
PPC advertising is also known under the following names/variations:
- Pay per placement
- Pay per performance
- Pay per ranking
- Pay per position
- Cost per click (CPC)
- Cost per action (CPA)
PPC advertising is usually done with the following standard procedures:
- Setting up an account and/or deposit funds.
- Creating a keyword list.
- Choosing (and setting up) an account with a PPC search engine.
- Bidding on the ad placement, including the search result words or phrases.
- Writing out an ad copy.
- Setting up the ‘landing pages, opt-in pages, or lead capture pages’ for your ads.
- Placing the advertisement in the search engine.
There are many benefits to Pay Per Click advertising, making it an effective way of promoting a business ‘online’. Some of them are listed below:
- Get launched immediately. PPC advertisements are implemented very quickly – they can go ‘online’ within an hour after winning the bid and paying for it.
- Obtain specific, pre-qualified, and quality traffic. PPC provides you with a quality website traffic or a well-targeted traffic. Visitors are narrowed down into ‘qualified’ people who are actually looking for specific products and/or services that you offer – those who are more likely to become a ‘lead’ (a convert) and complete a transaction (either by buying your product or subscribing to the service that you are offering.
- Widen your reach. PPC advertising provides additional traffic to your site, aside from the natural or “organic” search engines.
- Track your investment. PPC advertising makes use of a tracking system that will determine exactly who comes to the website and what they do once they arrive – the length of their stay on the site and the number of pages (including the actual pages) that they view.
These are valuable tools in determining statistics such as return on investment (ROI), acquisition cost-per-visitor, and conversion rates (the percentage of visitors who are converted into customers or leads).
Below are some important seven things to consider when planning on a pay per click campaign:
1. Know your product. Take an inventory of the product and/or services that you have to offer (before anything else).
2. Stay within the budget. Determine your daily or monthly budget; and stay with it. This means keeping your budget in mind, avoiding bidding wars if possible. Scale your bidding slowly only when you have a proven winner.
3. Bid just right. Know how to bid right – a bid that is too high can exhaust all of your money fast, while a bid that is too low can make you lose that spot and not get any significant amount of website traffic.
Don’t be ashamed to be in second or third spot even though the first spot gets the most website traffic but you’ll save some money you could use to get a nice flow of website traffic from the second or third spot.
4. Watch the bottom line. Measure your profit margin against your spending or expenses. Know when to stop and terminate your PPC program – if you spend more on advertising but have little or no sales at all. Always test ads with a smaller budget to see which ones get the best traffic. When you find a winning ad this is where you slowly scale up and make sure to leverage your resources.
5. Find the right keywords. Decide which keyword phrases to opt and bid for. Do some keyword research, either by actually looking at existing search terms or with the use of online keyword suggestion tools, like Google Keyword Planner to know which terms are mostly used when searching for items that are related to your business. Focus on specific more targeted keywords, not on general ones.
6. Write effective ads. A good PPC ad is that which can persuade and move a reader from point A to point B.
There are several approaches to this:
· Discount offers
· Celebrity/famous endorsers
· Money-back guarantees
· Free trials, free reports, free eBook or sample offers
· Reverse psychology
· Major benefits (“Lose weight”)
· Direct instructions (“Click here”)
7. Maintain a professional-looking site.
Your web content should be regularly updated and checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
There should be no broken links or images.
The website should be simple – designed in such a way that it will be easy for visitors to navigate and load.
Include contact details to create a good impression among potential customers.
Done properly, PPC advertising can be an effective marketing tool that will maximize the return on your investment.
PPC Advertising for Maximum Web Promotion
Engaging in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has its own benefits and drawbacks. But what exactly is PPC advertising and what it can do to your business?
Business nowadays is doing different kinds of austerity measures when it comes to advertising their products and services. This is because of high rates of placing ads on print and on television.
But there is a fast growing approach that businessmen can utilize to bring their services closer to the people and that is through Internet Marketing.
One tool that is causing internet marketing popularity is PPC advertising. This is a technique used in search engine marketing and social media marketing that requires one to pay a fee every time someone clicks your ad. Usually this placement is done through a bidding process.
If you are a top bidder for your keywords/phrases, you are sure to be on the number one spot on all search engines. Just be sure of the effectiveness of your ad copy to get the most number of clicks you need for your business.
Here are the benefits of PPC advertising are:
- You need not be a genius in computer and technology to be able to run this ad campaign.
- Immediate results are seen after a few days.
- No need to make a website conform to the SEO rules.
- Nothing to lose even if you do not get to top pages of different search engines. You can still always choose PPC advertising.
- You can make use any search engine available.
- You can type in any keyword you like.
- Can increase website and business profits quickly.
Cons of PPC advertising includes:
- Fixed payments every month to the search engine you choose.
- Pay for each click received from your ad. At times, visitors are just competitors or people playing pranks on search engines. This hassle wastes money you put in to this advertising but the benefits outweigh the losses.
- Inability to pay for the fees next month would mean removal of your website on the paid listings.
- This advertising can only be used temporarily if running on a low budget. This is why the ad copy is so important.
- Pay-per-click pricing can be costly for long periods of time if not done properly.
But how exactly PPC advertising can increase traffic, leads and sales?
PRE-QUALIFIED TRAFFIC. All visitors of your website are already considered as a qualified consumer or buyer of your product. PPC advertising leads your customers to you for a lesser cost.
INSTANT EXPOSURE, IMMEDIATE PROFITS. PPC search engines enable you to get your desired website traffic fast. They will have your website live within just a few hours which means immediate potential increase in sales.
CONSISTENT TOP LISTINGS. This is to get your website on top of the sponsored search results for free. You just have to choose the keywords related to your site and business and place them within your web pages and your content marketing.
PPC advertising enables advertisers to control their advertising campaigns. Advertisers have effectively targeted their audience and set their own price per click. PPC advertising networks provide the platform to identify the desired audience by geographic setting, topic and industry. These networks have a list of websites of the publishers where the ads will be placed.
Tools are provided by the networks to check how the pay per click limit is working for a certain advertiser. If its still competitive, would it be even listed among the paid search lists or does it generate sales?
Of course, if the advertiser made the highest bid, the better chances the ad will be seen in the search engine. These networks too provide protection for the advertisers against click fraud. This advertising set-up allows advertisers to set a daily budget for his ads, thus, less spending for unnecessary clicks. Advertiser will never go over his budget.
In PPC advertising, what are important are the keywords and phrases. You have to select at least ten “very specific” keywords that would give you the best website traffic in the search engines.
Then, write the ad creatively but straightforward. Tell the truth about your product or service and do not lie. Good thing if your product or service will not disappoint those that are relying on your ad’s promise – but what if it did otherwise? Important too is the clarity of the ad. Do not use very vague languages. Include important details like the price.
You should also remember to budget your bids. Do not go overbidding because you will only lose your money and do not go so low that your ads will never get the chance to show up. Check your profit against your spending. If you see no progress then most likely you have to drop your ad campaign.
More and more advertisers have been using PPC advertising and it will continue to grow faster than any online advertising techniques.
From advertising revenues of $2.6 billion in 2004 to $5.5 billion in 2009, cost per click will dramatically go up as well from $0.29 to $0.36 and reached $59.6 billion in the United States during 2015.
PPC advertising is fairly new in online marketing and it is going to continue to grow in the years to come. For advertisers, this means increase revenues with fewer advertising expenses, savings, more sales, good return of investment (ROI) and effective ad campaigns in the days to come.
While PPC advertising is one of the fastest ways of getting people to look at your product and a percentage of those people will buy what your offering, it is a sifting process of getting the right people to come to your website or buy your product.
Over the years I have used many of these methods of advertising to get website traffic and still do today but there are more and better ways of getting highly qualified buyers to your offer or product.