There Are Many Types Of Marketing Strategies Available But It Can Be Overwhelming!
Yesterday I talked about video marketing and three simple videos you could use to get more traffic and leads to your business. If you missed it you can read it here -> Video Script Formula.
It can be overwhelming specially if your not getting the results you want from your marketing efforts. When marketers start talking about what types of marketing strategies they should use they overlook the obvious places and it is normal to do so if you don’t have a clear understanding of how to do marketing online.
Some of the best effective types of marketing strategies are:
- Article Marketing – Free Method or Paid – Submitting to article directories and having your website link included in the article author box usually at the end of the article to get traffic back to your website or blog.
- Video Marketing – Free Method or Paid – Create short two minute video providing value content, a specific message with a solution and a call-to-action to increase leads, traffic and sales.
- PPC Marketing – Paid Method – Paid Per Click is exactly that ( every time someone clicks on your ad you get charged and this method will get you traffic instantly but word of caution, you need to do your homework before you start to invest money in this marketing strategy. You could loose money very quickly if you don’t know what your doing.
- PPV Marketing – Paid Method – Paid Per View marketing is a strategy where they display your ad to your relevant industry selected when setting up your ad.
- PPA Marketing – Paid Method – Paid Per Action is a marketing method where each time a visitor takes a specific action like when someone LIKES your Facebook page for example or you might want them to visit your blog post and each of these actions are charged accordingly.
- Facebook Paid Ads – When marketing on Facebook the first thing you need is to have a business page set up which you will use for your advertising. You can post an article or event on your business page timeline and choose the boost feature to promote your blog post. Or you could use the Ads Manager to create your ads. Just remember that there are certain guidelines Facebook has and recommend you get familiar before you start spending money on ads.
- Facebook – Free Methods – Using free methods for marketing on Facebook is possible but will take a little work. You could use the FB Groups to attract people into your business. You can also post lots of valuable and applicable content on your business page timeline.
- Blogging – Almost Free – This method requires you to write high quality content or get high quality content written for you. Also requires you to invest in your own website/blog, you will need hosting, a Domain Name and an email autoresponder.
Blogging is very rewarding if done correctly and the most important thing to remember is that Content Is King when in comes to blogging. It is important to do a market research before you start your blog posting so you understand your market better.
Search for primary and secondary keywords you will use in your blog posts but do not over stuff your blog posts with keywords because then you could get penalized by Google.
Use the 1 to 2% rule, in other words if you write a blog post with 500 words then the keywords should be 1 to 2% of the words written or less.
If you use WordPress than you already get a word count as you write your content but if you don’t here is a great free tool you can use called, Word Counter.
We generally use less than 2.5% to stay on the good side of Google. When doing this correctly and then submitting your content to Social Media platforms like Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon your content can actually go viral and get a steady flow of traffic when it offers high value as perceived by your Readers/Prospects, Google, Yahoo, Bing etc…
These are types of marketing strategies we use in our business specifically blogging which are getting results on a daily basis to generate two to eight leads a day just from blogging. Why?
- You have to offer real value that anyone can use in their business to get results and more importantly solve people’s problems.
- Don’t use rehashed content or copied material from other sites. I personally sit down and write all the content on my blog myself and I try to offer the highest quality related content I can.
- You can also do some keyword research and find what people are typing into their search engine browsers and what they are searching for. It’s kind of cheating but not really, this is available to everyone and for free using Google’s Free Keyword Planner
- When you do your research you would like to find the low competition keywords that have anywhere from 500 searches a month to unlimited searches as long as it is low competition. Why? You will get that traffic directed to your website or blog by top search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc… For keywords that are more competitive then you will have to do a lot more work to get that traffic.
When you do a search for, “How to bake a pie” for example you will get up to 800 related keyword results at one time.
If you noticed in the middle left of the image above I selected US, UK, and Canada for Language usually select English speaking countries but you can choose what ever country fits your search.
Once you click on the “Get Ideas” button you will get suggested keywords that you can use in your content as well and you will see the Search Volume and the Level of Competition too. Ok, Now you can just sift through the Low Competition keywords and use them in your content sparingly.
If you would like to learn more types of marketing strategies to attract more leads and prospects here is a Free 10 day Attraction Marketing Bootcamp that shows how below.